Sunday, August 2, 2009

August

I actually had a pretty decent weekend, after all that. Friday, of course, was a hellish reminder of what regret and panic feel like. This week's push against the deadline had the added intrigue of bed bugs and mice crawling around like tiny terrorists.

I went to this place which was really fun. It kind of made me believe in people and recycling and making your own fun. And I ate really mexican mexican food with my friend from ex-work who is colombian, and did all the talking. And yet, the burn-out warehouses and piles of glass on the street still existed, so Bushwick is still frightening to me.

I saw 500 Days of Summer. Zooey Deschanel's a pretty lady, and charming, and Joseph Gordon-Levitt got hot and charming. I know, it say's it's about love, but the title is clearly "lady." The manic-pixie-dreamgirl character was overpowering. It's hard to make a movie about a lady...without objectifying the lady.

I can't get over The National's album Boxer.

No comments: