I haven't forgotten you; I haven't had internet...and... See last post. We've moved in to Queens, glorious Queens, and I'm enjoying it very much so far. I can get to work in 20 minutes, not 2 hours! There are businesses and restaurants and people on these streets! My roomies are the best roomies that ever roomed!
I played myself at scrabble and earned 541 points. This seems like a lot, but remember, I'm the only one playing.
I burned out the motor on an electric hole puncher. I melted the cords of my blackberry charger and curling iron, because I put a backpack on the curling iron. The backpack also melted, but it was salvagable. None of this really upset me; they were crises I didn't see coming.
Today at lunch, I was walking by an office building--there are rather a lot of them here-- and a caravan of black towncars and escalades pulled over, dudes with legit earpieces started corralling pedestrians away from the cars, and a couple of short white dudes ran out into the freight elevator to get into the building. I have no idea who they were. One of thier secret service-types was an asian woman who had fixed her hair suchly: Two braids began at her temples and met in a barrette at the back of her head, making a sort of hair-crown. The leftover length was then gathered with the rest of her hair in a ponytail. Why would you do this?
This is a thing: I get so impressed by very mundane things-- the color of the sky or the way the morning bagel server cuts my bagel, in two long strokes paralell to the table with her hand at that odd angle--that I need to share this feeling with others. But it's not very exciting, it doesn't follow a very good storytelling paradigm. I need to create more dynamic action if I want to tell a story rather than illustrate what I saw.
I'll think about it.
Ad I Found on Craig's List
16 years ago
1 comment:
I never knew the word "oscillate" until I read it in a story you wrote freshman year. I will read anything you write ever.
Post a Comment