I like the people I work with. It's not hard work, and I get paid a lot for this not-hard work. The office is pretty fabulous. We have lunches and drinks and it's all very civilized. I like getting dressed up in my work-costume.
Nonetheless:
"In using the Information Systems, you should appreciate that you can have no expectation of privacy with respect to the contents of any Document, including voice-mail, e-mail and Internet sites, or with respect to the manner in which the Information Systems are used."
i.e., no gawker or email or facebook or anything that conceivably be used against me, ever, possibly. Especially... no blogging on the clock.
And:
My office came with an emergency kit in the bottom of the last desk drawer. It contains water, a first aid kit, goggles, a whistle, etc. and the comment from my supervisor "Not that we think we will need it, but...we are a tall building in New York City..."
Well.
3 comments:
OH MY GOD!! My work also had a similar emergency kit. As well as the things you describe, it contained a flare and something wrapped in aluminum that said "break in emergency"
it intrigues me.
This is interesting, because a very similar series of statements has not kept me from my beloved Gawker. YES THAT'S RIGHT I SAID BELOVED.
Also, dude, let's get lunch one day. What are we doing?! When do you get a lunch break?
i just take lunch whenever I can, whenever things are slow/I don't have a project that needs to be finished right then and there; so any time between 12 and 2.
Post a Comment